LUXURY HUCHUY QOSQO TREK
Luxury Small Group Journeys:
Limited to 12 guests
Days: 6 | From: $
Itinerary at a Glance:
Day 1: Arrival in Lima, welcome and transfer to the hotel. Rest.
Day 2: Daytime City Tour. Lunch at the “La Rosa Náutica” Restaurant. Larco Herrera Museum. Pisco Sour at the Bolívar Restaurant. Water´s Magical Circuit. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 3: Transfer to the airport, and flight to Cusco. Reception and transfer to Urubamba. En route, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, Tambomachay, Pisaq, Coya, Lamay, Calca and Urubamba. Lunch and dinner at the Tambo del Inca Hotel.
Day 4: Woven fabrics experience, in Chinchero. Salt experience, in Maras. Guided visit Moray. Lunch at Tunupa Restaurant. Free afternoon, and relax.
Day 5: Transportation Cusco – Tauqaq. Moderate hike to Huchuy Qosqo. Luxury campsite with massages and hot shower. Picnic-lunch, and a la carte dinner.
Day 6: Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay hike. Private transportation to Urubamba. Lunch at the Tunupa Restaurant. Private transfer to Ollantaytambo. Vistadome Train at 3:37 p.m. to Machupicchu Pueblo. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 7: Guided visit of Machu Picchu. Return to Cusco, on the Vistadome Train to Poroy. Transfer to the 4 or 5-star hotel, in Cusco. Dinner at the hotel.
Day 8: Transfer to Cusco´s airport, and flight to Lima.
- All transfers aboard private tourist transportation vehicles.
- The tourism bus from Cusco to the Incas´ Sacred Valley.
- The private vehicle, from the Sacred Valley to Tauqaq.
- The First Class Vistadome train, from Ollantaytambo to Machupicchu Pueblo.
- The First Class Vistadome Train, from Machupicchu Pueblo to Poroy (Cusco).
- The tourism bus from Machupicchu Pueblo to Machu Picchu and back.
- 02 nights at a 4 or 5-star hotel, in Lima.
- 02 nights at the 4 or 5-star Hotel, in the Incas´ Sacred Valley.
- 01 night at the 4 or 5-star Hotel, in Machupicchu Pueblo.
- 01 night at the 4 or 5 star Hotel, in Cusco.
- 01 lunch at the La Rosa Náutica Restaurant, in Lima.
- 01 Pisco Sour, at the Bolívar Restaurant, in Lima.
- 01 lunch at a recommended restaurant, in the Sacred Valley.
- 01 buffet-lunch at the Tunupa Quinta Restaurant, in the Sacred Valley.
- 02 lunches at the Hotel´s Restaurant (Machupicchu Pueblo).
- 01 dinner at the Hotel´s Restaurant (Machupicchu Pueblo).
- 01 breakfasts, at the luxury campsites (day 7).
- 01 lunch, during the hike (day 6 ).
- 01 dinner, at the luxury campsites (day 6).
- The snacks, during the whole program (7 days).
- The guided visit of the city of Lima (Miraflores, San Isidro and the Historical Center).
- The guided visit of the Larco Herrera Museum, in Lima.
- The guided visit of the Water´s Magical Circuit, in Lima.
- The guided visits of Incan architectural complexes included in the program.
- The entrance ticket and guided visit of Machu Picchu.
- The activities included in the program.
- The program´s logistic organization, at our agency and on the field.
- The accompanying staff, in the transfers and airports.
- The specialized professional guide.
- The chef who will prepare the a la carte gourmet meals, during the hike.
- The physiotherapist who will be in charge of massages, at each luxury campsite.
- The horsemen and horses that will carry the luggage and camping and kitchen gear.
- The complete luxury camping equipment.
- The catering-quality kitchen and table ware.
- The K2-XT Eureka tents, with ample space for two in each.
- The camping beds with inflatable mattresses, Peruvian cotton sheets, alpaca wool blankets and a pillow with its cotton pillowcase.
- 01 set of clean bathroom towels, every day.
- International flight tickets, airport taxes and overweight expenses.
- Insurances, emergency medical expenses, and others not included in the program.
- Personal and extra expenses, tips and gratuities.
Day 1: Arrival in Lima, welcoming reception and transfer to the hotel, to rest.
Upon your arrival at Lima´s airport, our staff will receive you with a warm welcome to Peru. Then, we´ll transfer you, aboard a private vehicle, to your hotel, where you´ll have a chance to rest at will.
Day 2: City Tour. La Rosa Náutica. Larco Herrera Museum. Water´s Magical Circuit.
Today, we´ll pick you up at your hotel, and will take you around, aboard a private vehicle, to visit the city of Lima, starting by the modern districts of Miraflores and San Isidro. Then, we´ll visit Lima´s Historical Center, declared as a World Heritage Site, by the UNESCO, in 1988.
At lunchtime, we´ll enjoy the very exclusive “La Rosa Náutica” Restaurant´s exceptional atmosphere, with its panoramic view towards the Pacific Ocean, and fine dishes.
In the afternoon, we´ll visit the Larco Herrera Museum, with its impressive and numerous pre-Columbian collections. Exceptionally, you will get to visit the museum´s reserve deposits, where around 46,000 objects, not exhibited to the general public, are kept.
Afterwards, we´ll go to the Bolívar Restaurant, to enjoy a typical Pisco Sour; Peru´s National Drink.
At dusk, we´ll visit the Water´s Magical Circuit, thus ending the day, in Lima, with an unforgettable touch of magic and enchantment.
Finally, dinner will be served, at your hotel´s restaurant, and will be followed by an excellent night of well-deserved rest.
Day 3: Transfer to the airport. Flight to Cusco. Reception, and transfer to Urubamba.
Early, we´ll pick you up at your hotel, to transfer you to Lima´s airport, where a member of our staff will help you with check-in procedures, and will accompany you until you get into the security area, before boarding your flight to Cusco.
Upon your arrival in Cusco, our staff will welcome you to the Incas´ ancient Imperial Capital City, and will assist you with your luggage. Then, a private vehicle will take you, together with your guide, to the Incas´ Sacred Valley.
En route, you´ll sight the archaeological complexes of Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pucapucara, and Tambomachay, in Cusco´s outskirts. Once in the Sacred Valley, you´ll go by Pisaq, Coya, Lamay and Calca, before getting to Urubamba. There, you´ll have lunch at a recommended restaurant, and then, you´ll settle at the booked 4 or 5-star hotel, where you´ll enjoy a free afternoon, have dinner and spend the night.
Day 4: Woven fabrics experience. Salineras of Maras. Visit of Moray. Free afternoon.
After breakfast, at your hotel, our private vehicle will pick you up, with a guide on board, to go up to the high-plateau´s locality of Chinchero, where you´ll witness a traditional Andean weaving demonstration and, if you wish to, you´ll acquire some authentic pieces, elaborated by local women weavers.
Afterwards, we´ll move on towards the famous “Salineras” of Maras that are open-air mineral salt mines, traditionally exploited by local families, since Incan times. This is a compound of over 3,000 small and shallow pools, through which salt water runs, and where that salt gets deposited, to then be recollected by hand.
Finally, we´ll visit Moray´s Great Incan Agricultural Laboratory, made-up of huge natural craters the Incas took advantage of, by building circular concentric benched terraces, inside them, to grow numerous plant species proceeding from different parts of their vast territory.
Once back in the Incas´ Sacred Valley, we´ll enjoy a delicious buffet-lunch, at the Tunupa Quinta Restaurant, nearby Urubamba. In the afternoon, you will have free time, to rest, enjoy a digestive walk, on your own, or chat with other guests, at your hotel, where dinner will be served.
Day 5: Transportation Cusco – Tauqaq. Hike to Huchuy Qosqo. Luxury camping, with massages and hot shower. Picnic lunch and a la carte dinner.
Today, the main activity consists of a moderate hike that will take us across the Incas´ Sacred Valley´s upper part, and down to the Incan Architectural Complex of Huchuy Qosqo.
On the way, we´ll have a picnic-lunch, in a place with views towards the Vilcanota Mountain Range and, upon our arrival at the campsite, we´ll have the opportunity to take a hot shower and receive a massage, before enjoying dinner, with a la carte dishes.
Day 6: Huchuy Qosqo – Lamay hike. Private transportation to Urubamba. Lunch at the Tunupa Restaurant. Private transfer to Ollantaytambo. Vistadome Train to Machupicchu Pueblo. Dinner at the hotel.
This hike is light, since it´s almost all downhill to the bottom of the valley, where Lamay is located. Then, a private transfer will take us to the village of Ollantaytambo, in time to board the 3:37 p.m. first class Vistadome Train, and to travel to Machupicchu Pueblo.
Upon our arrival, we´ll head straight to the booked 4 or 5-star Hotel, where you´ll be able to take a shower, before enjoying a repairing dinner in the hotel´s restaurant.
Day 7: Guided visit of Machu Picchu. Return on Vistadome Train to Poroy. Private transfer to the booked 4 or 5-star Hotel, in Cusco. Dinner at the hotel.
Before dawn, we´ll board a tourism bus that will take us to the Incan City of Machu Picchu, where we´ll go on the so longed for guided visit of that architectural and natural jewel, in about two and a half to three hours.
Afterwards, we´ll go back to the hotel, where we´ll enjoy a delicious lunch. Then, we´ll have a chance to take a stroll around the village or to rest, before we board the first class Vistadome Train bound to the locality of Poroy, nearby the city of Cusco.
Once there, a private vehicle will transfer you to the booked 4 or 5-star hotel, in the Historical Center of the Imperial City of Cusco, so that you might have dinner and rest.
Day 08: Transfer to Cusco´s airport, and flight to the city of Lima.
After a more relaxed breakfast, a private vehicle will transfer you to the airport. There, a member of our team will help you register your luggage, and will accompany you ´till embarking time, ending our services with a warm farewell and a gift from Worldwide Exotic Adventures.
Prices per person in US dollars:
PRIVATE SERVICE: (Please check availability)
24/7 Designer Support
I know how important it is to answer all your doubts,
please feel free to contact me anytime,
I am the designer of this program
and together we can design
the experience of your dreams.
Take This Journey Private
This experience for you and whoever you want
This itinerary is also available as an independent journey
Customize This Journey
If you would like to customize this itinerary
and create a Tailor Made Journey just for you and your companions,
click here to inquire, or speak to your travel professional.
Safe travel in Peru
We can help you
with the best travel insurance,
feel free to request more information.
Help us to Help
We invite you to support our action of social work
in the peasant communities with which we work,
we want to improve health posts during this year.
Feel free to extend your stay.
All domestic flights are included in this program,
with date change availability to suit your requirements.