4 Days / 3 Nights
If you are a fan of awesome landscapes, nature and great open spaces, and like direct contact with native communities, while enjoying a little frequented route, thermo- medicinal baths and altitude, on your way to Machu Picchu, this program fulfills all these requisites, and will introduce you to the everyday lifestyle and activities of Andean farming populations that have changed little in the past two hundred years; a real cultural delight and unforgettable experience.
Compartir esta entrada
Day 1: CUSCO – LARES – HUACA HUASI
After breakfast, we´ll leave Cusco, on an asphalted road, aboard a tourism bus bound to the locality of Lares, while enjoying the unmatchable landscape.
About 2 hours later, we´ll get to Lares´ Thermo-Medicinal Baths, where we´ll have a chance to relax in hot water, with lunch served by the side of the thermal pools. After a rest, we´ll start the hike to Huaca Huasi, a typical Andean village, where we´ll arrive after 4 hours of light, but, challenging hiking.
There, quenas (Andean flutes) and drums will welcome us at Pedro´s house, where his family and himself will be expecting us, anxious to share their most authentic lifestyle. Then, Pedro will teach us how to prepare a delicious meal, while stimulating our desire to enjoy every moment shared, before and during dinner.
In the evening, stories told by our hosts will end this unforgettable day. Then, we´ll enjoy the comfort of the rooms Pedro arranged, to receive and make us feel at home.
Day 2: HUACA HUASI – IPSAYCOCHA – PATACANCHA
This morning, after a hot coffee or herbal tea and light breakfast, Benita will teach us ancient weaving techniques and, if you wish to, you´ll have a chance to acquire some of her work, to take it along, as a nice souvenir, and to collaborate in the family´s income.
Later on, we´ll get back on the trek, up to the Ipsaycocha Mountain Pass (4,100 m.a.s.l. or 13,451 ft.), to get to the lagoon that bears the same name, around noon. There, if you want to, you´ll be able to practice some ecological fishing and, in this incredible place, we´ll share the picnic-lunch Benigno will have prepared for the group.
The next stretch of the hike will take a couple of hours, downhill, to Benigno´s house, where Plácida, his wife, will receive us with flowers, to thank us for our visit and, in the afternoon, she´ll teach us to thread alpaca wool, and to weave it.
In the evening, we´ll share dinner and the house, with Benigno and his family, while our guide will translate the stories that Benigno and Plácida will be willing to tell us.
Day 3: PATACANCHA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO
Before sunrise, we´ll have some coca leaf tea and a light breakfast. Then, we´ll set off to Benigno´s “chakra” (crop field), where you´ll learn ancient Incan agricultural techniques, and will work the earth, thanking it for having fed you your whole life through.
Afterwards, we´ll have lunch at the “chacra”. At the beginning of the afternoon, a bus will drive us to Ollantaytambo, where the Vistadome or Expedition Train will take us on an almost 2-hour scenic trip, to the pedestrian village of Machupicchu Pueblo. There, you´ll get settled at your hotel, enjoying your room´s commodity and the beauty of the place.
In the evening, we´ll have a group dinner, and our guide will present an information briefing on the program of Machu Picchu´s guided visit.
Day 4: MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO – MACHU PICCHU – MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO – CUSCO
Very early, we´ll take the first bus up to Machu Picchu, where we´ll enjoy a 2-hour guided visit. Then, there will be some free time, to explore the site. Finally, a tourism bus will take us back to Machupicchu Pueblo.
In the late afternoon, we´ll board the Vistadome or Expedition Train to Ollantaytambo, where a tourism bus will take us back to Cusco, and a private transfer, to your hotel.
- The organization of the program´s logistics, in our agency and on the field.
- Private transfers, from your arrival, to your return flight home.
- Our specialized professional tour guide.
- 3 or 4-star hotels, according to booking, in Machupicchu Pueblo.
- 01 overnight, in a little house, in Huaca Huasi (1st day).
- 01 overnight at Benigno´s house, in Patacancha (2nd day).
- 01 overnight at a 3 or 4-star hotel, according to booking, in Machupicchu Pueblo (3rd day).
- Snacks during your stay.
- 01 Lunch, at the Lares Thermo-Medicinal Baths (1st day).
- 01 dinner and 01 light breakfast, at Pedro´s house, in Huaca Huasi (1st and 2nd day).
- 01 picnic-lunch, at the Ipsaycocha Lagoon (2nd day).
- 01 dinner and 01 light breakfast, at Benigno´s house, in Patacancha (2nd and 3rd day).
- 01 dinner and 01 breakfast, at the booked hotel, in Mahupicchu Pueblo (3rd and 4th day).
- Entrance tickets to each programed guided visit, attraction and activity.
- Tourism bus tickets to Machu Picchu, and back to Machupicchu Pueblo.
- Vistadome or Expedition Train to Machupicchu Pueblo, and back to Ollantaytambo.
- Tourism bus ticket, from Cusco to Lares.
- Bus ticket, from Patacancha to Ollantaytambo.
- Tourism bus ticket, from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Programed activities and experiences.
Min. 4 people